Referrals and Criteria
Referrals are accepted from any source including self referrals. Following referral, contact is made with the individual within 48 hours. Following referral an assessment is made within 2 weeks.
Criteria for eligibility for Alfriston day centre are in place to ensure the safety and well being of the older people using the centre, staff and volunteers.
Criteria as follows:
- Able to mobilise independently.
A service user should be able to be capable of moving around the centre independently, with or without equipment and does not require any moving or handling assistance.
- Able to use toilet facilities independently.
- Able to control the effects of any medical conditions.
Should an older person have a condition such as diabetes,epilepsy,incontinence etc, this would not affect their eligibility provided the condition is controlled adequately.
- Able to manage medication and be wholly responsible for it.
- Able to demonstrate an adequate level of awareness.
We regret that it is not possible to accept people who have memory loss to the extent that they may from time to time, become lost, disorientated or wander from the building. We are not able to provide one to one supervision.
- Charges are levied to cover lunch and refreshments according to rates published and reviewed annually. The day care charge is £8. Transport is £3 for a return minibus journey if required